Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyer Stephen A. Longo
We can handle your injury claim, file a lawsuit and take other legal action
Personal injury accident claims can be very complicated legal cases. If you don’t have an experienced lawyer working for you, you might not get the money you deserve for medical bills, replacement income and other accident-related expenses. That’s why it’s critical that you choose a knowledgeable attorney to represent you after your accident.
We believe The Longo Firm, LLC is the right choice for many reasons. Colorado Springs attorney Stephen A. Longo has the experience and the expertise you need to skillfully handle any legal obstacle you encounter. He knows how to thoroughly investigate cases and has an in-depth understanding of Colorado’s laws. So, you can count on us when it matters most.
We believe our approach sets us apart from other law firms. Attorney Longo will personally answer your call or respond right away. If you have a question about your case, you can contact him directly anytime on his personal phone. We do things differently at The Longo Firm, LLC. We believe we should be accessible on your terms. We always put your interests first.
How did your accident happen?
In many cases, personal injury accidents occur because someone behaved in a reckless or negligent manner. Some of the most common causes and cases include:
- Slip and fall accidents due to water on the floor or hazardous objects that result in a slip, trip or fall accident in a public place, like a restaurant or retail store.
- Accidents that occur on someone else’s property due to dangerous or hazardous conditions. Such cases are known as premises liability accidents.
- Vicious animal attacks, including dog bites.
- Dangerous or defective products that result in severe injuries.
If a loved one died as a result of a personal injury accident, your family will likely need to file a wrongful death lawsuit or claim. Whatever type of accident you’re dealing with, make sure you talk to a lawyer as soon as possible to learn more about the legal options available to you.
‘Who’s responsible for paying for me?’
Many states, including Colorado, have a fault-based insurance system. This means the at-fault party is responsible for financially compensating injury victims for all their accident-related expenses. In the case of a personal injury accident, this means the at-fault party should pay for your medical bills, replacement income if you cannot work while you recover and any other expenses.
Depending on the specific circumstances of your accident, the at-fault party in a personal injury accident can be many different people or companies, including:
- The person or business that caused your accident.
- The owner of the property where your accident took place.
- The company responsible for maintaining the property where your accident took place.
- The owner of the dog or animal that attacked you.
- The company that manufactured the product that caused your injury.
In each case, the insurance company for the at-fault party might ultimately be responsible for compensating you for your injury. Whatever the circumstances, make sure you have a lawyer on your side who knows what to do and who can demand the money you rightfully deserve.
"I felt well represented by Stephen. He was incredibly communicative, professional, friendly, kind, and knowledgeable in all the legal things I’m ignorant of. He added great value to my case. I highly recommend him for anyone looking for a personal injury attorney." - Hilary G.
‘How much is my case worth?’
There’s no set dollar amount when it comes to personal injury accidents. Each claim is different. Some might be worth a few thousand dollars. Others might be worth significantly more. The bottom line is you should be paid for all your expenses related to your accident.
This might seem straightforward. Unfortunately, the insurance company for the at-fault party often plays games in such situations. In particular, insurance companies often only take into account short-term expenses after an accident, including emergency medical care. As a result, if you accept their settlement offer, you won’t be eligible to receive any additional money for future accident-related expenses.
Experienced lawyers take long-term expenses into account when determining the total value of an injury claim. Your attorney can then negotiate on your behalf for a larger settlement offer or file a lawsuit if the at-fault party’s insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith. You have options. Your lawyer can help you explore them.
‘What should I do after my accident?’
Each injury often presents its own unique challenges. However, there are often certain steps you should take after your accident to protect your health and your rights. Such steps include:
- Seek immediate medical attention. Go to a hospital emergency room if necessary for medical treatment.
- If you believe a crime was committed, contact the police immediately and ask them to respond to your incident.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions. Failure to do so could jeopardize your health and the outcome of your legal case.
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident. If you cannot do so, ask someone you trust to take pictures as soon as possible, especially if your accident occurred due to dangerous or hazardous conditions.
- Get the name of the property owner where your accident took place.
- Call a lawyer right away to learn more about the legal options available to you.
The sooner you have an attorney on your side, the better you can dictate what happens next. Instead of insurance companies setting the agenda, you can be in control.
‘How can a lawyer help me?’
There are so many different ways an attorney can help if you have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior. Your lawyer can:
- Conduct an in-depth investigation into exactly why your accident took place.
- Review any accident reports or inspection records related to your accident.
- Deal directly with the at-fault party and their insurance company on your behalf.
- Negotiate the best possible settlement offer for you.
- File a lawsuit if necessary and represent you in court.
The stakes are high in many personal injury cases. Insurance companies for the at-fault party know this. That’s why they often take an aggressive approach and might do everything they can to pay you as little as possible – or nothing at all. Your lawyer can help you take a stand and demand the money you deserve. You have rights. Your attorney can fight for them.
Get the law firm that gets you. Contact us.
Don’t underestimate the complexity or the seriousness of your personal injury accident. Get the law firm that knows how to tackle such tough cases. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation at our Colorado Springs office. Attorney Longo can answer any questions you might have, explain your options and get right to work on your case.
There’s a reason why people regularly rely on us after a serious accident. We have the knowledge and the skills you need to succeed. Don’t just take our word for it. Read our testimonials. See our case results. We’re the law firm you want when it matters most.
The Longo Firm, LLC – courage under pressure, results when they matter.