Colorado Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
We can investigate your crash, file a claim or a lawsuit on your behalf
Knowing what to do after a bad motorcycle accident caused by another driver can be confusing. Even knowing what your rights are if you were hurt might not be clear. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to someone with extensive experience dealing with motorcycle accidents involving serious injuries.
Colorado Springs motorcycle accident attorney Stephen A. Longo and his talented legal team at The Longo Firm, LLC can help you every step of the way. We know what to do because we have been working with injury victims and their families for years. As a result, we’re familiar with the laws governing motorcycle accidents and know which strategies can be the most effective.
You’ll notice the difference the first time you talk to attorney Longo. He’s not like other lawyers. He personally answers his phone or calls clients right back. When you hire us, you can contact attorney Longo directly on his personal cellphone at any time about your case. We believe strongly in being accessible on your terms. Your best interests always come first here.
How did your accident happen?
Motorcycle accidents often occur due to the negligent or reckless behavior of other drivers. When this happens, it’s important to identify the exact cause of your crash. Otherwise, you might encounter difficulties when trying to get compensated by the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents caused by other drivers include:
- Distracted driver drifted into your lane (especially in the case of highway accidents) or across the center line in the road (a common scenario in head-on collisions).
- Driver was texting at the time of the accident, even though texting while driving is against the law in Colorado and many other states. Texting drivers often cause rear-end accidents, intersection accidents and highway accidents involving motorcyclists.
- Speeding drivers who don’t have enough time or space to slow down and avoid a collision with a motorcyclist.
- Reckless drivers who don’t respect motorcyclists and fail to leave enough space between their car and a motorcycle. This is often an issue in intersection accidents involving motorcycles, especially if the driver runs a red light or doesn’t look when turning left, resulting in an accident involving a motorcyclist.
Is this how your motorcycle accident happened? Or are you dealing with a different scenario? Whatever the circumstances of your crash, make sure you take your accident seriously. Seek immediate medical attention. Then talk to a Colorado Springs motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible to learn more about the legal options available to you.
Who decides who is at fault?
When accidents occur involving a motorcyclist and another driver, several people, agencies and companies often have a lot to say about who caused the accident. First, there’s often the local or state police trooper that responded to your accident. They will conduct an independent investigation and file an official accident report.
Afterwards, insurance companies for the driver and the motorcyclist then conduct their own independent investigation. This is especially true in Colorado due to the state’s fault-based insurance system. Under this system, the insurance company for the at-fault party is responsible for compensating injury victims for all their accident expenses.
Insurance companies don’t have the final say. You can be part of this important conversation. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced attorney on your side, making sure your voice is heard loud and clear after your accident.
Who’s responsible for paying for my accident?
The at-fault party (meaning whoever caused your accident) is ultimately responsible for paying for all your accident-related expenses. Often, such parties include one or more of the following:
- The driver who caused your accident.
- The at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- The bar, restaurant, liquor store or cannabis dispensary that sold alcohol or marijuana to the driver who caused your accident, even though they were already clearly intoxicated or under the influence at the time of the purchase. In such a case, you may be able to file what’s known as a “dram shop” claim or lawsuit seeking damages, a legal term for financial compensation.
Such cases might seem straightforward but motorcycle accidents often turn out to be extremely complicated for many different reasons. One of the most common reasons why is because the driver who caused your crash might deny doing anything wrong. Worst of all, many insurance companies often take the driver’s side. That’s because some people have a bias against motorcyclists.
Your lawyer can help set the record straight and demand the money you rightfully deserve. By having an experienced attorney on your side, you can make sure the truth about what happened comes out and is heard loud and clear. Remember, you didn’t do anything wrong. You deserve to be fairly compensated.
How much is my accident claim worth?
There’s no set dollar amount when it comes to motorcycle accident claims. Some cases might be worth a few thousand dollars. Others might be worth significantly more. The bottom line is you should be paid for all your accident-related expenses.
Insurance companies often play games when it comes to compensating injured motorcyclists. Often, the insurance company for the at-fault driver only takes into account short-term expenses immediately after your accident.
That’s why it’s critical that you have a lawyer who can demand full compensation after your crash. Along with short-term expenses, your accident claim should include money for all future expenses, including:
- Future medical care, including follow-up surgical procedures, physical therapy, prescription medications and future doctor’s appointments related to your injury.
- The full cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle.
- Replacement income if you cannot work for several weeks or months due to your injury.
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work ever again due to a permanent disability sustained in your accident.
These are just a few of the most common expenses accident victims frequently receive compensation for after their crash. Each accident is different. As a result, you may be eligible for additional compensation, as well. That’s why it’s important to talk to an experienced Colorado Springs motorcycle accident lawyer right away to better understand how much your injury claim could potentially be worth.
What are my options after my accident?
Motorcycle accident victims often have several options available to them if they were hurt in a crash caused by another driver. Such options often include:
- Accept a settlement offer from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Ask for more money from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- File a lawsuit against the at-fault driver, especially if the driver’s insurance company refuses to negotiate after your accident or deny your accident claim.
In each case, an experienced attorney can assist you with each one of these steps after your accident. That’s why it’s critical that you carefully consider which lawyer you decide to hire to handle your injury claim.
Make your motorcycle accident matter. Contact our law firm.
We believe our law firm is the right choice for you after your accident. We have the experience you need to properly investigate your accident. We also have an in-depth understanding of how the legal system works when it comes to motorcycle accident claims.
Most importantly, we have the drive and the desire to win your case. We never take anything for granted. We dig deeper in search of the truth, whether it’s carefully examining your accident report, consulting with accident reconstruction experts or visiting the actual scene of your crash. We leave no stone unturned.
Our tireless work ethic frequently produces positive results. We also never take our clients for granted. As your lawyer, we will work hard to earn your trust and your respect. Don’t just take our word for it. Read our testimonials. Review our case results. We’re the law firm you want when it matters most.
Get a Colorado Springs motorcycle accident attorney that gets you. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation today with attorney Longo. He can answer your questions, explain your options and get right to work on your motorcycle accident case.
The Longo Firm, LLC – fighting for justice for you.