Colorado Springs Car Accident Lawyer Who Gets Results
Your best interests always come first at our law firm after your injury
Dealing with a car accident injury caused by another driver can be overwhelming. You need proper medical care. But you also often have many other issues that need to be addressed right away. How will you pay your bills? Who’s responsible for compensating you? How much is your injury claim worth? This is why it’s important to have an experienced car accident attorney on your side, fighting for your rights.
Knowing what to do when faced with such questions after a bad car accident can be confusing. Even knowing where to turn for answers or help might not be clear. Fortunately, you’re not alone. We can work with you every step of the way and demand the money you rightfully deserve for your accident.
Colorado Springs car accident attorney Stephen A. Longo and his talented legal team at The Longo Firm, LLC have the knowledge and the resources you need to succeed after your accident. We know what to do because we have been helping injury victims and their families for years. When you hire us, you can be confident we will thoroughly investigate your accident and explore every opportunity available to you. You can count on us in a crisis.
What are common causes of car accidents?
Accidents caused by other drivers often occur because the at-fault driver was behaving in a reckless or negligent manner. There are many reasons why car accidents often occur but some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving, which can include many different types of distractions, from looking up directions while driving, eating while driving or adjusting the radio. In particular, distracted drivers are frequently involved in rear-end accidents because they’re not paying attention.
- Texting while driving, which is one of the most common types of distracted driving, even though drivers cannot legally text in Colorado and many other states.
- Aggressive or reckless driving, which can cover a wide range of activities, from running a red light, tailgating to weaving in and out of traffic.
- Tired drivers who fall asleep at the wheel and crash into other vehicles, especially on rural roads where tired drivers sometimes veer into oncoming traffic and cause a head-on collision.
- Speeding, which remains one of the leading causes of car accidents nationwide.
- Drinking and driving or driving under the influence of drugs, including marijuana.
Every accident presents its own distinct challenges. The circumstances surrounding each one are often unique. That’s why it’s critical that you have an attorney on your side, thoroughly investigating your crash in search of evidence in support of your claim.
What can I be compensated for?
The bottom line is you should be paid for all your accident-related expenses. Even if such expenses occur years from now, you should be financially compensated. Such past and future expenses often include:
- Emergency medical care.
- Ambulance fees.
- Surgical procedures.
- Diagnostic medical tests, including X-Rays and MRIs.
- Follow-up surgical procedures.
- Physical therapy for chronic pain or other medical conditions.
- Full compensation to repair or replace your vehicle.
- Replacement income if you need time to recover and cannot work.
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work due to a permanent disability.
Expenses can add up fast after an accident. This is especially true if you cannot work for several weeks or months while you recover from your accident. This is why it’s critical that you talk to a lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. Your attorney can help you understand how much your accident claim may be worth, then work with you to obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve.
What are my options after my crash?
If another driver clearly caused your accident, there are often several options available to you in order to obtain the financial compensation you deserve for your accident-related expenses. In each case, you will often likely need to deal with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
The most common options when dealing with the other driver’s insurance company often include:
- Accept a settlement offer to resolve your case.
- Ask for more money and negotiate a better settlement offer.
- File a car accident lawsuit or take other legal action.
Whichever option you decide to pursue, an experienced car accident lawyer can help you deal with the other driver’s insurance company. Knowledgeable attorneys know how to negotiate effectively and can advise you on which course of action makes the most sense based on the specific circumstances surrounding your case.
Should I accept a settlement offer?
In many cases, the insurance company for the at-fault driver will contact you soon after your accident and make a settlement offer. While it might be tempting to accept such an offer, it’s important to carefully consider the pros and cons before giving them an answer.
The reality is such offers often only include money for accident expenses immediately after your crash. Such settlement offers rarely take into account additional bills (particularly for medical expenses) and loss of income if you cannot work in the future due to your accident injury.
What you might not realize, as well, is if you agree to accept a settlement offer, you often cannot go back and ask for more money in the future, even if your accident-related expenses increase significantly. This is why it’s important to discuss any settlement offer with an attorney before making such an important decision.
Who can I sue after my crash?
Sometimes, the best way to get the money you deserve for your accident-related expenses is to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. If you decide to take this route, there may be several different people or companies you can take legal action against after your accident, including:
- The at-fault driver.
- The bar, restaurant, liquor store or cannabis dispensary that sold alcohol or marijuana to the driver who caused your accident, especially if the driver was clearly under the influence when they bought drugs or alcohol, then caused your accident. In such cases, you may be able to file what’s known as a “dram shop” claim.
Keep in mind you often only have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. Most states have strict deadlines for taking legal action after a car accident. These deadlines are known as the statute of limitations. In Colorado, for example, car accident injury victims have three years from the date of their accident to take legal action.
Three years might seem like a long time, but if you wait too long to file a lawsuit, the evidence you need to build a strong legal case might no longer exist. Eyewitnesses might move away or forget what happened. Accident debris can get lost or destroyed. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to demand the money you deserve. Talk to a lawyer right away.
"After my car accident Stephen worked hard on my case, and with true integrity. He answered all my question and helped me to feel a little more at ease. I highly recommend The Longo firm and am glad I chose them to represent me." – Amy R.
Why should I choose The Longo Firm?
Many law firms might seem the same. We believe we stand out for many reasons when it comes to handling your accident claim. Such reasons include:
- Our personalized approach – We never take a one-size-fits-all attitude when it comes to accident cases. We develop a strategy that suits your specific needs.
- Our accessibility – We are available when you need us on your terms. If you need to speak with attorney Longo, you can call him directly on his personal phone.
- Our attention to detail – We carefully investigate every accident, including carefully reviewing your official accident report.
- Our negotiating skills – Insurance companies don’t intimidate us. We know how to negotiate effectively with them and can demand the maximum financial compensation on your behalf.
- Our courtroom skills – If insurance companies or anyone else responsible for compensating you refuses to negotiate in good faith, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit on your behalf for the money you deserve.
- Our drive to win – Your case is about more than just money. It’s about holding whoever’s responsible for your accident accountable for their actions.
There’s a reason why people regularly choose our law firm to represent them after a serious accident. We get what’s at stake. We understand the seriousness of your case. Don’t just take our word for it. Read our testimonials. Review our case results. We’re the law firm you want when you need us most.
Demand justice after your accident. Contact our law firm.
Learn more about how we can help you after your car accident. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with Colorado Springs car accident attorney Longo. He can answer your questions, explain your options and outline which legal strategy makes the most sense based on your specific circumstances.
Schedule an appointment with a skilled car accident lawyer at The Longo Firm today. We would be honored to represent you and to have the opportunity to earn your trust.