Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyer
We can handle your injury claim or file a lawsuit if necessary
Car accidents caused by Uber or Lyft drivers can be complicated legal cases. If you don’t have an experienced lawyer on your side, you might have a hard time getting the money you rightfully deserve for medical bills, replacement income if you cannot work during your recovery and other accident-related expenses.
Attorney Stephen A. Longo knows how to handle these types of car accidents. That’s because he and his dedicated legal team at The Longo Firm, LLC in Colorado Springs have years of experience working with people injured in serious accidents. As a result, we know the laws that apply to such accidents, what evidence matters and how the build the strongest possible legal case.
You’ll notice the difference the first time you contact our law firm. Attorney Longo will personally answer the phone or call you right back. If you have a question about your case, you can call attorney Longo directly anytime on his personal phone number. We believe we should be accessible on your terms. We always put your best interests first.
Why do Lyft or Uber accidents happen?
Accidents caused by Lyft or Uber drivers often occur because the driver was behaving in a reckless or negligent manner. Examples include:
- Drivers looking up directions while driving or engaging in other distracted driving behavior, including texting while driving.
- Speeding drivers, especially if they’re running late to pick up a passenger or driving a customer to a destination.
- Overworked rideshare drivers who fall asleep at the wheel due to working long hours.
- Inexperienced or reckless rideshare drivers who lose control of the car and cause a serious accident at an intersection or on a busy city street.
Whatever the cause or circumstances of your crash, don’t simply assume you will be fairly compensated for your accident-related expenses. Injury claims involving Uber and Lyft drivers can be very complicated. That’s why it’s critical that you have a lawyer on your side familiar with complex cases and the laws governing them.
Who pays for my accident expenses?
If an Uber or Lyft driver caused your accident, you should be compensated by the at-fault party. That might sound straightforward, but the at-fault party in such cases can be more than one person or company in certain circumstances. As a result, any one of the following may be responsible for paying for your accident-related expenses:
- The Uber or Lyft driver who caused your accident.
- The rideshare company the driver works for.
- The driver or the rideshare company’s insurance company.
Another reason why such cases can be so complicated is many rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft often insist that their drivers are not employees. Rather, these corporations consider their drivers independent contractors. As a result, don’t be surprised if Uber or Lyft claim they’re not responsible for paying for your accident.
Don’t let these corporations or insurance companies dictate what happens next. Talk to an experienced attorney who can investigate your crash and build the strongest possible legal case in support of your accident claim.
When is an Uber or Lyft driver on duty?
One of the key issues that often come up in accident claims involving rideshare drivers is whether the driver was on duty at the time of the accident. What many people might not realize is all the different situations in which an Uber or Lyft driver is considered on duty. Such situations include:
- Rideshare driver has a customer in the vehicle.
- Rideshare driver is on their way to pick up a customer.
- Rideshare driver is looking up directions for work.
- Rideshare driver has the app on, even if there’s no one else in the vehicle.
If any of these situations apply, the rideshare driver, the company they work for or their insurance company should compensate you for your crash. If they refuse to do so, your lawyer can work with you and demand the money you deserve.
What are my legal options?
While every accident often presents its own unique challenges, there are often several legal options available if an on-duty Uber or Lyft driver caused your accident. Such options often include:
- Accept a settlement offer from the at-fault party, which may be the rideshare driver’s insurance company and/or the rideshare company itself.
- Ask for more money if you believe the settlement offer you received is too low.
- File a lawsuit or take other legal action, especially if an insurance company or rideshare company negotiates in bad faith or denies your injury claim altogether.
In each circumstance, an experienced lawyer can make sure your rights are respected and build the strongest possible legal case in support of your claim.
You have rights after your rideshare accident. We can fight for them.
The stakes are high when it comes to many Lyft or Uber accidents. Your injury claim might be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more. If you don’t take strong legal action, you could end up having to pay for your accident-related expenses out of your own pocket.
That’s not right. That’s why we want to meet with you and start working on your case right away. We’re familiar with the state and federal laws that apply to rideshare accidents. We know what strategies can often be the most effective. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success. Case results truly matter here.
Get the law firm that’s serious about winning your case. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation with attorney Longo. He can answer your questions, explain your options and get right to work on your Lyft or Uber accident claim. You can count on us in a crisis.