Experienced Colorado Springs Rear End Accident Lawyer
Our Colorado Springs firm can investigate your crash, handle your claim
One of the most common – and most misunderstood – types of car accidents we deal with at our law firm are rear-end accidents. Some people think these kinds of car accidents are not that serious. We know the truth. Whether you were rear-ended at an intersection, rear-ended by a drunk driver, hit from behind while stopped at a light, or another scenario, we know that many rear-end crashes cause severe injuries with serious consequences. That’s why we want to help.
Colorado Springs rear-end car accident lawyer Stephen A. Longo has years of experience investigating this type of crash. As a result, he knows what evidence to look for, what questions to ask and how to build the strongest possible legal case. If you were rear-ended, call The Longo Firm, LLC today.
Rear-end crashes can be complicated cases for many different reasons. That’s why we never take anything for granted when handling claims. We carefully review accident reports and consult with experts if necessary. We track down witnesses whenever possible. We leave no stone unturned in pursuit of the truth. And we always fight aggressively for the maximum rear end accident settlement you deserve.
Why do rear-end accidents happen?
Rear-end accidents often occur because the driver in back was behaving in a reckless or negligent manner. Specific reasons why often include:
- Texting drivers who aren’t paying attention, even though texting while driving is illegal in many states, including Colorado.
- Distracted drivers who crash into the car in front, especially at intersections and on busy city streets.
- Speeding drivers who don’t leave enough space between their vehicle and the car in front, especially on highways.
- Aggressive drivers who tailgate and don’t have enough time or space to avoid an accident with the car in front.
Is this how your rear-end accident happened? Or are you dealing with a different cause of your crash? Whatever the circumstances of your accident, make sure you talk to our rear-end accident lawyer as soon as possible to learn more about your legal options.
What are common injuries?
Rear-end accidents often cause certain types of serious injuries. Because the vehicle in back often hits the one in front with such force, the driver and passengers in the front vehicle are often thrown violently forward and backward. As a result, they often sustain certain types of injuries, including:
- Whiplash is one of the most common causes of back and neck pain after a rear end accident. Other types of serious neck and back injuries in this type of crash may include herniated discs, cervical spine fractures, pinched nerves, facet joint injuries, and muscle strains.
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), that often occur when the driver or passenger’s head hits the steering wheel, dashboard, or windshield. The pain and suffering from this type of injury can be physically as well as emotionally immense.
- Facial injuries. The face may hit the steering wheel, dashboard, or airbag during a rear-end collision, leading to facial fractures, lacerations, bruising, or dental injuries.
Whatever type of injury you or a loved one sustained, make sure you take your injury seriously right from the start. Seek immediate medical attention. Then talk to our experienced Colorado Springs rear-end accident lawyer to better understand your legal rights and the options available to you.
"After being involved in a rear-end collision, Stephen Longo was recommended by a friend who had also been a client. Best decision I could make. Stephen Longo was there through every step of the process, always ready to answer questions and get me the medical care I needed. He looked out for my interests and to make sure I would be able to have a complete- as possible - recovery, and get a settlement that was reasonable and without exorbitant fees. I highly recommend the Longo Law Firm and while I hope I never have to use his services again, I’m glad to know that if I do, I have h in my corner." - Gail G.
What if the other driver denies causing my crash?
After a rear-end accident, it’s common for some drivers to deny doing anything wrong. This is especially true if the at-fault driver wants to avoid responsibility for your accident. Worst of all, the insurance company for the at-fault driver often takes their side since they’re often looking for a way to avoid paying for your accident-related expenses.
When this happens, don’t try to take on the other driver or their insurance company on your own. Anything you say or write about your accident could be used as evidence in support of their case and to deny your claim.
In such situations, it’s important to talk to a trusted Colorado car accident lawyer who knows how to handle complex cases. Your attorney can be your voice for justice and can negotiate on your behalf. Many insurance companies agree to cooperate once they see you have an experienced lawyer on your side. If not, your attorney can file a lawsuit or take other legal action on your behalf.
How much is my accident worth?
The total financial compensation for rear end accidents that a victim collects depends on the circumstances of the specific accident. The value of your accident claim should cover all your accident-related expenses. This includes short-term as well as long-term expenses, including:
- All past, present and future medical expenses.
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs.
- Replacement income if you cannot work while you’re recovering from your accident.
All these expenses and many more can add up fast. Some accident claims might be worth a few thousand dollars. Others might be worth significantly more. What matters most is you should be financially compensated for all your expenses. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced Colorado car accident attorney on your side, demanding the money you deserve.
Demand justice with an experienced rear-end accident attorney on your side.
We know what’s at stake after a rear-end crash. We know the games insurance companies often play and how to build a strong case in support of your claim. Don’t just take our word for it. Look at our case results. Read our testimonials. We consistently get results that help you get your life back on track.
Learn more about how we can help you after your accident. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with attorney Longo. He can answer your questions, explain your options and get right to work on your rear-end accident claim.
The Longo Firm, LLC – no games, no gimmicks, just results.