Bicycle Accident Lawyer You Can Trust
We can demand the money you deserve if you were hit on your bike
Drivers are supposed to share the road with cyclists, who have just as much right to use the road as anyone else. Unfortunately, many bicycle accidents often occur due to reckless or negligent drivers. In an instant, you or a loved one can sustain a serious injury that requires medical care and time off from work to recover from your injuries. Medical bills can add up fast. Your income can drop dramatically. Knowing what to do next can be confusing.
Fortunately, you’re not alone. We can help. Attorney Stephen A. Longo has years of experience dealing with complicated car accident cases involving injured cyclists in Colorado Springs. As your lawyer, he can thoroughly investigate your accident in search of evidence to support your claim. Whether it’s reviewing your official accident report, interviewing witnesses or consulting with accident-reconstruction experts, he leaves no stone turned. You can count on The Longo Firm, LLC when it matters most.
Why do bicycle accidents happen?
Bicycle accidents caused by drivers often occur because the driver was doing something they should not have been doing behind the wheel. Examples of reckless or negligent behavior by drivers that result in cycling accidents include:
- Distracted drivers, including texting drivers, who are not paying attention and hit a cyclist in a bike lane or sharing the road with them.
- Speeding drivers who don’t leave enough time or space to avoid crashing into cyclist riding along the road or in the same lane as the car.
- Aggressive drivers who don’t respect a cyclist’s space on the road or at an intersection, where a car or bicyclist is turning.
- Drunk or tired drivers who veer off the road into a cyclist legally riding along the road.
Is this how your bicycle accident happened? Or are you dealing with a different situation? Whatever the circumstances of your crash, make sure you take your accident seriously right from the start. Get immediate medical care. Then, talk to a lawyer right away that knows how to handle complex legal cases.
What are common injuries?
Injuries sustained by cyclists in accidents caused by drivers can cover a wide range, including:
- Head injuries, particularly skull fractures, concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Broken bones or fractures, especially broken arms, legs or ribs.
- Internal injuries, including internal bleeding and organ damage.
- Spinal cord injuries and other back injuries.
Cyclists have little protection against serious injuries when they’re struck by a car or another motorized vehicle. As a result, injuries sustained by bicyclists often require emergency medical care, surgery and other life-saving medical treatment. Don’t take chances after your accident. Have a doctor examine you right away and diagnose exactly what’s wrong. That way, you can get the proper medical care you need.
How much is my accident claim worth?
The financial toll of a serious bicycle accident can add up fast. You might need extensive medical care, including surgery, to treat your bicycle injury. During that time, you will likely not be able to work for several weeks or perhaps even longer while your recover. As a result, you will not be making a living during that time.
Often, this is just the beginning. Many bicycle accident injuries have long-term consequences. You might be dealing with chronic pain for years. You may need follow-up surgery. All these expenses need to be considered when determining the total value of your injury claim.
Unfortunately, the insurance company for the at-fault driver might not agree. Instead of making a settlement offer that covers all your accident-related expenses, many insurance companies only consider short-term expenses immediately after an accident. So, it’s important to have an experienced attorney on your side, demanding the compensation you deserve.
How can a lawyer help me?
When you have an experienced attorney working for you after your bicycle accident, you can set the agenda instead of the driver’s insurance company. Your lawyer can help you in many ways, including:
- Carefully review your official accident report filled out by the investigating police officer to make sure it’s accurate and contains the correct information about your accident.
- Conduct an independent investigation of your accident, including reviewing traffic camera footage to determine if the driver ran a red light or violated other traffic laws that resulted in your bicycle accident.
- Interview witnesses, if possible, who saw your accident and can provide testimony in support of your injury claim.
- Consult with accident reconstruction experts if necessary for a more in-depth analysis of exactly what happened.
- Deal directly with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Negotiate a settlement offer on your behalf that covers all past, present and future accident expenses.
- File a lawsuit, if necessary, on your behalf.
- Represent you in all court proceedings.
Bicycle accident claims can be complicated legal cases. Don’t leave your future to chance. Make sure you have an experienced and aggressive attorney on your side, fighting for your rights.
Make your case matter. Contact our law firm.
Experience matters when it comes to choosing the right law firm to represent you after your bicycle accident. We believe we’re the right choice for many reasons. Attorney Longo has extensive experience dealing with complicated legal cases. He thoroughly understands the laws governing such accidents. He knows how to investigate such cases. He also knows how to deal with aggressive insurance companies and how to hold them accountable for their actions.
Our experience consistently produces results. In case after case, we routinely secure sizable settlements and verdicts for injury victims. Case results matter here, but it’s not just about the money at our law firm. It’s how we treat our clients. You’ll notice the difference the first time you contact us. Attorney Longo will personally answer the phone or call you right back. If you have a question about your case, you can call him directly anytime on his personal phone. We work this way because we believe we should be accessible on your terms.