Colorado Springs Head-On Collision Lawyer
Count on us in a crisis. We can investigate your crash, handle your accident claim
One of the most serious types of car accidents caused by other drivers is a head-on collision. When these car accidents happen, drivers and passengers often sustain very serious injuries. That’s why it’s critical in Colorado for injury victims and their families to act right away to protect their legal rights.
Colorado Springs head-on collision attorney Stephen A. Longo knows what’s at stake. That’s because his talented legal team at The Longo Firm, LLC has years of experience handling complex legal cases. Located at Office Club Pointe off Explorer Drive in Colorado Springs, you can count on us to thoroughly investigate your accident and demand the compensation you deserve for your crash.
We do things differently at our law firm. When you contact us, you can talk directly with attorney Longo or receive a call back from him right away. We’ll also keep you informed throughout your case. If you ever have a question, you can call experienced Colorado car accident attorney Longo on his personal phone anytime. Your best interests always come first here.
Why do head-on collisions happen?
In the Colorado Springs area, head-on collisions often occur on rural roads, at intersections, and on busy city streets due to reckless or aggressive drivers. Drivers cause crashes because they’re doing something they should not be doing behind the wheel. Head-on accident causes often include:
- Texting while driving, resulting in the at-fault driver veering into on-coming traffic.
- Aggressive drivers illegally passing and crossing the center line into other vehicles.
- Tired drivers who fall asleep at the wheel and drift into oncoming traffic.
- Speeding drivers who lose control of the car and cannot avoid a collision.
- Drunk drivers who are unaware of what’s happening around them and crash into an oncoming car.
Whatever the cause of your accident, don’t underestimate the complexity of your legal case. Make sure you talk to our Colorado Springs head on collision lawyer right away to learn more about your rights and the options available to you.
What are common injuries?
Head-on crashes are notorious for causing significant harm. Common head-on collision injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and other types of head injuries, often due to drivers or passengers coming into contact with the dashboard, windshield or another part of the car.
- Spinal cord injuries and other types of back injuries, many of which can be very serious and can result in permanent disability, including paralysis.
- Internal injuries, including internal bleeding, organ damage and other potentially life-threatening injuries.
- Severe injuries to the arms, hands, legs or feet due to the force of such collisions may include broken bones, strains, dislocated joints, or fractures.
- Whiplash from a head-on collision, resulting from the sudden and forceful back-and-forth motion of the neck. It can cause neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and limited range of motion.
Fatal car accident injuries are also common in head-on collisions. Whatever type of injury you or your family is dealing with, make sure you get immediate medical care. Then talk to an attorney as soon as possible.
What legal options are available?
After a car accident in Colorado, you have several options available to recover compensation, including:
- Accept a settlement offer from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Ask for more money for your accident claim.
- File a lawsuit (or a wrongful death lawsuit if someone died in the crash) or take other legal action, especially if the at-fault driver’s insurance company acts in bad faith and refuses to negotiate or denies your claim.
In each case, an experienced lawyer can help you with each one of these steps. Instead of insurance companies telling you or your family what to do, you can dictate what happens next. You can be in charge.
How much is my accident worth?
Accident claims for head-on collisions often add up to a significant amount of money. That’s because the injuries people sustain in such crashes are often severe and may even result in a permanent disability. Fatalities are also common in such crashes.
Whatever type of injury or claim you and your family are dealing with, you should be financially compensated for all your accident-related expenses, now and in the future, including:
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs.
- Surgical procedures and other medical care.
- Long-term in-home medical care due to a serious injury.
- Modifications to your home due to a permanent disability.
- Replacement income if you cannot work while recovering from your accident.
- Lost future income if you or a loved one cannot return to work.
- Funeral costs and related expenses.
- Pain and suffering in certain circumstances.
The stakes can be very high in such cases. Your accident claim could be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more. The insurance company for the at-fault driver knows this. That’s why they’ll often do everything they can to reduce or deny your claim. Take a stand after your accident. Get a Colorado Springs head-on collision attorney who will make sure your rights are respected and who knows how to demand the compensation you deserve.
Learn more about your legal options after your accident. Contact us.
We take head-on collisions seriously at The Longo Firm, LLC. When you hire us, we will thoroughly investigate your crash, including reviewing your official accident report and consulting with accident reconstruction experts in many cases. We then present evidence to the at-fault driver’s insurance company in many cases. Many insurance companies agree to negotiate and make a fair settlement offer. If not, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit or take other legal action on your behalf.
We’re ready to get to work on your accident claim. Discover what we can do for you. Contact our law firm in Colorado Springs and schedule your free case evaluation right now. You can count on us when you need us most.