Colorado Personal Injury Lawyer Stephen A. Longo
Our law firm can handle your claim, demand the money you deserve
If someone else caused your accident, such a case is known as a personal injury claim. These legal matters often turn out to be very complicated for many different reasons. That’s why it’s important to have a lawyer on your side that understands how the legal system works and who can build the strongest possible legal case for you.
In Colorado, injury victims routinely rely on the knowledge and the expertise of The Longo Firm, LLC in such situations. Attorney Stephen A. Longo and his talented legal team have years of experience handling complex cases in Colorado Springs and throughout the state. As a result, we know what problems often come up and how to deal with them effectively.
What type of case are you dealing with?
A personal injury accident refers to a type of accident caused by someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior. Such cases can cover a wide range. In Colorado, some of the most common personal injury claims involve:
- Slip and fall accidents, especially in cases involving poor maintenance or negligence by the property owner, whether it’s a restaurant, hotel, retail store or another type of business not removing snow, ice or other hazardous conditions.
- Premises liability accidents, a legal term used to describe accidents caused by a property owner’s failure to address dangerous conditions on their property.
- Animal attacks, including dog bites due to owners who fail to properly leash or secure their dog on their property.
- Injuries caused by dangerous or defective products.
All of these cases and many more can sometimes result in a person’s death, in which case your family will need to pursue a wrongful death claim. Whatever type of case you’re dealing with in Colorado, an experienced lawyer can help you every step of the way.
What makes personal injury cases complicated?
Many personal injury claims might seem straightforward. The person who caused your injury clearly behaved in a reckless or negligent manner. Unfortunately, many such cases turn out to be far more complicated than many people expect. Some of the reasons why include:
- The person who caused your accident denies doing anything wrong.
- The at-fault party claims you somehow did something to cause your accident.
- The insurance company for at-fault party makes a low settlement offer that does not cover all your expenses.
- The at-fault party’s insurance companies denies your claim altogether.
Whatever the circumstances of your particular case, make sure you take legal action right away after your accident. Otherwise, the evidence you need to build a compelling case might not exist in the future. That’s why it’s important to talk to a lawyer who can get straight to work investigating your accident.
How can a lawyer help me?
When you have an experienced attorney on your side, you can set the agenda for what happens next. Your lawyer can gather evidence in support of your claim, then present their findings to the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Many times, insurance companies agree to cooperate and make a fair settlement offer once they see the evidence in support of your claim. If the insurance companies refuse to negotiate, your lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf and pursue maximum financial compensation for you.
The financial stakes can be very high after your accident. Get the law firm that knows how to get results. Contact us and schedule a free case evaluation at our Colorado Springs office. We have a well-earned reputation for being effective legal advocates.
The Longo Firm, LLC – Colorado’s choice for exceptional legal service.