Colorado’s Choice After A Car Accident
He can handle your injury claim and file a lawsuit, if necessary
Car accidents in Colorado can be complicated. In an instant, you or a loved one can sustain a serious injury due to a crash caused by another driver. Knowing what to do after a bad car accident can be confusing. Even knowing what your options are might not be clear. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to someone who understands how the system works if you’ve been hurt in a crash in Colorado.
Our dedicated legal team at The Longo Firm, LLC in Colorado Springs can help you every step of the way. We have the knowledge and experience you need to build the strongest possible legal case. This is critical since you could encounter resistance to your injury claim. Insurance companies for the at-fault driver can be notoriously difficult to deal with. We know how to handle them and how to get results. You can count on us after your car accident.
How did your accident happen?
Car accidents caused by other drivers in Colorado happen for many different reasons. The cause of your crash might include some of the most common reasons why collisions often occur, including:
- Distracted driver rear-ends your car, resulting in whiplash or another type of serious injury.
- Texting driver runs a red light and causes your intersection accident, resulting in a concussion or another type of traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Speeding driver causes your highway accident, especially on busy interstates like I-25 and I-70 in Colorado.
- Drunk driver crashes head-on into your car, resulting in a spinal cord injury or another type of serious back injury.
- Driver falls asleep at the wheel, causing a head-on collision or another type of serious accident.
Whatever type of car accident you’re dealing with in Colorado, don’t underestimate the seriousness or the complexity of your injury claim. Make sure you fully understand all the legal options available to you. Make sure you talk to a lawyer who knows the law and can explain your options, step by step.
What are my options after my crash?
First and foremost, it’s important to get the medical care you need for your accident-related injury. Make sure you take your injury seriously right from the start. Don’t try to diagnose yourself. Have a medical professional examine you as soon as possible, whether it’s your own doctor or medical professionals in a hospital emergency room at Penrose Hospital, UCHealth Memorial Hospital Central in Colorado Springs or another medical facility in Colorado.
From a legal standpoint, you often have several options available to you after an accident caused by another driver. Such options often include:
- Accept a settlement offer from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Negotiate a better settlement offer from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- File a lawsuit against the other driver or another at-fault party in some cases, especially if the at-fault driver’s insurance company refuses to negotiate, makes a lowball settlement offer or denies your injury claim.
In each case, your lawyer can help you take action and demand the money you deserve. Keep in mind that you only have a limited amount of time to respond after a car crash in Colorado. The deadline is normally three years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. Don’t wait until the last minute. Evidence in support of your accident claim can be harder to find as time goes by. Witnesses sometimes move away. Memories fade. Physical evidence from your crash can be lost or destroyed. Act now. Call a lawyer today.
How much is my injury claim worth?
There’s no set dollar amount when it comes to car accident claims in Colorado. Some might be worth a few thousand dollars. Others might be worth much more. The bottom line is you should be financially compensated for all your accident-related expenses, now and in the future. Such expenses may include:
- Medical bills, including money for future surgical procedures and physical therapy
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Replacement income if you cannot work during your recovery
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work due to a permanent disability
You didn’t do anything wrong. You shouldn’t have to pay for another driver’s mistakes. By having an experienced attorney on your side, you can make sure your accident gets the attention you deserve. That way, you can demand the money you need to move forward after your crash.
Get the Colorado lawyer with the courage to fight for you. Contact us.
Find out how our law firm can help you after your Colorado car accident. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation in our Colorado Springs office. He can talk directly with you and answer any questions you might have about your accident claim. That’s just the start. When you hire our firm, you can contact attorney Longo directly anytime to talk about your case. We do things differently at The Longo Firm, LLC. Your best interests always come first here.