Why should I hire a truck accident lawyer?
An experienced attorney explains how they can help you
If a truck driver clearly caused your truck accident, you might wonder why you even need a lawyer after your crash. Many truck accident claims turn out to be far more complicated than many people expect. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced attorney on your side looking out for your best interests.
Attorney Stephen A. Longo and his talented legal team at The Longo Firm, LLC in Colorado Springs can help you every step of the way. We’re familiar with the state and federal laws governing commercial truck accidents. We know what evidence to look for and how to deal with trucking companies, insurance companies and anyone else responsible for compensating you for your crash.
You’ll notice the difference the first time you deal with us. When you call our law firm, attorney Longo will answer the phone or call you right back. If you have a question about your case, you can call him anytime on his personal phone. We work this way because we believe we should be accessible on your terms. Your best interests always come first here.
How can a truck accident lawyer help me?
There are many reasons why you should have an attorney on your side if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by a commercial truck driver. Some of the ways a lawyer can help you include:
- Carefully review your official accident report to make sure it accurately reflects exactly what happened.
- Review truck inspection records, trucking company hiring records or other official documents in search of evidence that indicates why your accident happened.
- Deal directly with the trucking company right away, especially to demand access to the truck driver’s Hours of Service (HOS) logs and the truck’s black box data recorder. Trucking companies only have to keep such evidence for a few months. Your lawyer can request access to this vital evidence which includes information such as how many hours the truck driver was on the road before your accident, the speed the truck was traveling at the time of the crash and if the truck driver attempted to slow down before the collision.
- Deal directly with insurance companies for all the at-fault parties involved in your accident.
- Negotiate the best possible settlement offer with the at-fault party, which in many cases is the insurance company for the at-fault driver or the trucking company the driver works for.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf, particular if the at-fault party’s insurance company acts in bad faith and refuses to negotiate or denies your accident claim.
- Represent you in all court proceedings related to your case.
The stakes are high after many accidents. Your injury claim might be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced attorney on your side, demanding the money you rightfully deserve.
Put your trust in a law firm that puts your needs first. Contact us.
Experience matters when it comes to choosing the right lawyer to represent you. Attorney Longo believes he’s the right choice for many reasons. In case after case, he consistently obtains sizable settlements and verdicts for injury victims and their families. His case results speak for themselves. So do his testimonials. He’s the lawyer you want fighting for you after your accident.
Make the most of your opportunity for justice. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation right now. Our law firm handles truck accident claims throughout Colorado and Arizona.